The next season of Free Shakespeare in Griffith Park begins June 26, 2014 with performances of:
The Taming of the Shrew
Special events to be announced for the 2014 season.
1) From the Southbound 5: take the Los Feliz Blvd West exit turning right up Crystal Springs Drive almost immediately upon exiting the freeway. There may be roadworks along this section of Crystal Springs Drive, so be aware of them while entering the park. Follow the signs to make a right turn onto Crystal Springs Drive.
2) From the Eastbound 134: take the Victory Blvd exit (following signs to the LA Zoo). You will make a right onto Riverside, and an immediate left onto Zoo Drive (which will then become Crystal Springs Drive as you continue past the Los Angeles Zoo).
3) From the Northbound 5: take the Griffith Park exit, which will take you to Crystal Springs Drive. Turn right on Crystal Springs Drive.
In all cases, look for our signs along the way directing you to the venue.
You will arrive at an intersection where there are several activities including the Merry-Go-Round, Shane’s Inspiration Playground, and the Wilson Harding Golf Course, as well as the Ranger Station.
Look for our signs that will direct you to Parking Lot 2 (go past Parking Lot 1) for available parking.
PLEASE NOTE: the parking here is plentiful and free, but can be a bit disorienting as there are several connected lots. Stay calm, follow the signs, and let us know if there is anything we can do to make it more clear.
From Parking Lot 2, follow the path (look for our signs) leading from the north end of the parking lot to the stage.
If you are using an internet map service, you can enter the address below. As you near your destination, keep an eye out for our signs, which will direct you to parking and the festival stage. THIS ADDRESS WILL NOT WORK for GPS coordinates: your system will get you to the park, but please read the above directions carefully.
There is no physical address for the site. However, the very nearby ranger station is:
4730 Crystal Springs Drive, 90027
Closest GPS location: 34.134204,-118.284962
IF YOU NEED disabled access, please call the ISC office at (818) 710-6306 for more information. And please–there are no seating risers so REMEMBER YOUR BLANKET OR LAWN CHAIR!
TO BEGIN WITH…
• All performances are FREE. As in, “no charge to attend” or “gratis”!
• Performances begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. (I know, returning patrons, you may doubt this…but this season, the shows start on time!) Please give yourself enough time to drive to the site, park your car, and make your way to the venue.
WHAT TO BRING…
• There is no seating at the venue: please bring a blanket or a low-backed lawn chair.
• DRESS WARMLY! Once the sun goes down, it gets quite chilly. Pack blankets and cozy up to your friends.
• We will be selling concessions on site, or you can pack your own picnic. Please note, however, it is a city park, and alcohol is prohibited.
• Although we light the exit path, you may want to bring your own flashlight as well.
• Also, we’re sorry…but please, no dogs.
• We’ll say it again…DRESS WARMLY! Even if it is a hot day. Some people even bring coats and hats!
ONCE YOU ARRIVE…
• It is a short walk along a paved path to the venue. Wear comfortable shoes. There will be ISC volunteers in the parking lot and along the path to the stage eager to assist you.
• If you need disabled access, or help getting from the parking lot to the stage, please CALL THE ISC OFFICE AND WE WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO ASSIST YOU: (818) 710-6306.
• Although the performance is free, we will be giving you a few opportunities to make contributions to support free Shakespeare
You’re still reading? In that case, we’ll let you know that we are grateful and delighted to perform for you. Thank you!
ISC would like to proudly thank all of its partners for the 2013 summer season!